Aside from traveling, cooking is also one of my passion. This holiday season I am sharing one of my pasta recipes. Enjoy the Christmas family get-together with this creamy and cheesy pasta in white sauce.
Jolly Meaty Seafood Carbonara à la EscapeManila Recipe
1 kilo of pasta spaghetti (Cooked as per packaging instructions)
1 pack of cream cheese
1 can of all purpose cream
1 can of full cream evaporated milk
1 can of Jolly whole mushrooms (sliced into thin pieces)
1 can of Jolly cream of mushroom
200 grams of honey cured bacon (sliced into bits and pieces)
200 grams of smoked ham (sliced into bits and pieces)
1 piece of onion (Chopped)
1 kilo of shrimps (Peeled and Deveined)
1 kilo of mussels (Cooked)
1 kilo of squid (Sliced into rings)
Generous amount of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon low and slow until it becomes red and crispy.
2. Remove the bacon from the pan.
3. Sauté the onion in the pan with bacon drippings then add butter.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms and simmer until it caramelized a bit.
5. Add the squid, mussels, smoked ham and shrimps.
6. Add the cream cheese and mix properly.
7. Add the cream of mushroom and mix continuously.
8. Add the all purpose cream, evaporated milk and parsley.
9. Add salt and pepper according to your taste then simmer for about 2 minutes.
10. Add the sauce in the cooked pasta and drizzle with generous amount of parmesan cheese and black pepper.