Applying for a Japan Tourist Visa is not as tedious as you might have thought. The process is easy as getting a Philippine passport, you just have to religiously follow what is in the guideline and in less than a week or so you will have your Japan Tourist visa and you’re good to go. [Read: Japan Embassy Accredited Travel Agencies in the Philippines]
Discovery Tour, Inc. is the only accredited agency in Davao that can process a Japan Visa. You may call or email them for further questions. Contact information is listed at the bottom of this post. (Read:How To Maximize the Full Value of JR Pass?)
Recent info as of November 26, 2018 – there are now two embassy-accredited agencies in Davao: Discovery Tour, Inc. and Attic Tours Phils. Inc. [Check out our TOKYO TRAVEL GUIDE]
Japan Tourist Visa Requirement:
- validity of more than 6 mos. at the time of departure from Japan
- has at least 2 blank pages left
- with a signature
2. Application Form
- can be downloaded from the Japan Embassy website. Japan Visa Application Form
- must be printed on A4-sized bond paper
- with no erasures
- 4.5cm x 3.5cm or 2in x 1.4in with white background
- Make sure you follow the right size to avoid delays in your application.
4. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)issued Birth Certificate
- If non-record in the PSA: Provide PSA Certificate of Non-Record with Birth Certificate from the Local Civil Registrar
- In non-record in the PSA and LCR: Provide Certificate of Non-Record from the PSA and the LCR
- If not clear/unreadable: Provide Birth Certificate from the LCR
- If it has a late registration label: Provide the original Baptismal Certificate and a certified true copy of Form 137 from Grade School or High School. Indicate the address and contact number of the church and school.
5. PSA Marriage Certificate (if married)
- If not clear/unreadable: Provide a Marriage Certificate from the LCR
6. Guarantee Letter (if there’s any)
- Can be downloaded from the Japan Embassy website -must be printed on A4-sized bond paper
- Download the Guarantee Letter in English here.
7. Bank Balance Certificate (original)
- You can get this from your bank for a fee. Some banks release it in hours, some may take a day or two.
8. Philippine Income Tax Return (copy)
- Must be printed on A4-sized bond paper
- If you are a freelancer and do not have an ITR, you may write a letter of explanation addressed to the Visa Releasing Officer as I did.
- Can be downloaded from the Japan Embassy website -must be printed on A4-sized bond paper. You may download it from here: Schedule of Stay Format
- Additional Documents must be printed on A4-sized bond paper.
- PSA and LCR documents are original and valid for 1 year.
- For applicants who have been to Japan, including an original old passport with a used Japan visa.
- The handling fee is:
- P1,680/applicant + courier fee of Php300 good for 3pax for Attic Tours.
- Office hours:
- Attic Tours – 10am to 9:00 pm daily
The Visa Application Process
Once you have all the requirements, you may proceed to Discovery Tour or Attic Tours office to start processing your visa application. You will have to pay the visa handling fee before they check your papers. Upon paying the associated fees, the staff from the agency will thoroughly check your requirements. If everything is good, you will be given a slip and he/she will advise you to wait for a call once the passport is returned from the embassy. A staff would normally say 15 days processing time but in reality, it only takes a week or less. Visa approved? Time to go to Japan!
Discovery Tour, Inc. (DAVAO)
Address: G/F Door 109 – 110 Quimpo Blvd. Ecoland Brgy. Bucana, Talomo District Davao City
Contact Number: 082-285-7188 / 082-321-1315 / 0915-326-0111
ATTIC TOURS PHILS., INC (DAVAO)
Address: Level 3, SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd., Talomo Davao City
Contact Number: 082-225-8920 / 0917-321-1328
This Post Has One Comment
What if kekkon visa PO ? Gaano PO ba katagal Yung processing PO ?