The government has placed the NCR+ areas (Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, and Cavite) under general community quarantine (GCQ) “with heightened restrictions” from May 15 to 31, 2021. This is a lower kind of community quarantine compared to the current status.
Under the GCQ with heightened restrictions, travel in and out of the NCR+ bubble is allowed but only for essential travels. Leisure travel is only allowed within the NCR+ bubble. In short, you still cannot go out of the bubble for leisure travel until the end of the month except P2P travel (please refer below). Only those who are 18-65 years are allowed to go outside of their residence.
TRAVEL GUIDE CONTENTS
What are allowed under the GCQ with heightened restrictions?
- Only essential travel into and out of the NCR Plus will be allowed. APORs are allowed to travel in and out of the bubble.
- Public transportation shall remain operational at such capacities and protocols in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOTr) guidelines. Walking and biking are encouraged.
- Indoor dine-in services in NCR Plus shall be at 20% venue or seating capacity while outdoor or al fresco dining shall be at 50% venue or seating capacity.
Tourism / Leisure
- Outdoor tourist attractions in the NCR Plus may be opened at 30% capacity with strict adherence to minimum public health standards.
- Specialized markets of the Department of Tourism (DOT) following the minimum public health standards and implementation of protocols and restrictions as set by the DOT are also allowed.
- Religious gatherings and gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 in NCR Plus shall be allowed up to 10% of the venue capacity.
- Wakes and funerals for immediate family members only.
Sports and Personal Services
- Non-contact sports in outdoor contact sports, games, scrimmages; and personal care services that allow for services not requiring mask removal, such as salons, parlors, beauty clinics, etc at 30% capacity.
What are NOT allowed?
- entertainment venues, such as bars, concert halls, theaters, etc
- recreational venues, such as internet cafes, billiards halls, arcades, and the likes
- amusement parks, fairs, playgrounds, kiddie rides
- indoor sports courts and venues
- indoor tourist attractions
- venues for meetings, conferences, exhibitions
- Interzonal travel from NCR Plus areas, except those conducted by Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs), shall remain prohibited in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions.
Point to Point Air Travel
Leisure travel outside the NCR Plus bubble is now allowed but only for Point-to-Point Air travel. P2P travel must be undertaken through a chartered flight, which may involve short, private transfer by land or sea.