There is not a lot of places much like the Machu Picchu which is an ancient ruin set atop the mountains of Peru. While the Incas were not known for having developed a writing system that explains the apparent lack of documented records that explains their old culture, it more than made up for its spectacular feat in infrastructure-building—and is something we are witnessed to this day for its remain.
Machu Picchu Entrance Fee
How to Go to Machu Picchu?
There are a lot of ways to go to Machu Picchu, some involve spending quite a lot of money while some allow you to travel on a budget.
The most popular option is to travel by train from Poroy (Cusco) or Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, the town at the foot of Machu Picchu.
If you are an adventurous type of traveler, you can avail of the 4days/3nights Inca Trail or the less famous but equally gorgeous 5 days/4nights Salkantay trek. If you choose one of these two options, you must book in advance to guarantee your trek. You can check availability here.
The most convenient way of going to Machu Picchu from Cusco is by booking a tour with a reliable company. You will have an option to be picked up from your hotel in Cusco and take a train to Aguas Calientes and bus to the entrance of the citadel. It also includes a guided tour so you will know the place better. You can book here in advance.
- The Road to Latin America : An Intro to Our Adventure in Bogota + Expenses
- A Taste of the Caribbean in Varadero, Cuba
- First Time in CUBA : A Tale of A Filipino Travel Blogger
- Cancun : A Beach Paradise in Mexico
- First time in MEXICO : Itinerary, Expenses and Travel Tips
- What to See from Chichen Itza, Vestige of the Ancient Maya
- Turibus Mexico: How to Explore Mexico City by Turibus
- Copacabana to Isla del Sol : Pilgrimage to the Ancient Inca Holy Site
- Salar de Uyuni : Heaven’s Mirror on Earth
- First time in BOLIVIA : Itinerary, Expenses and Travel Tips
- Lake Titicaca : A Full Day Itinerary
- Cusco : A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- A Visit to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- A Journey to the Incan Elite City of Machu Picchu
- First time in PERU : Itinerary, Expenses and Travel tips
- Peru Tourist Spots : Vinicunca, the Rainbow Mountain of Peru
- Humantay Lake: A Long Journey Towards the Lake Around the Mountains of Cuzco